Ramgarhia Council UK was set up in 1977 by the Ramgarhia Temples and
institutions of UK to get together and share views affecting our community. The
intention as always was to take forward and promote our culture, our families
and build a base for our children who are our future. The Council has at present
thirty two member organisations and has its own constitution. For this purpose
UK is divided into North, Midlands and South Regions. The elections of office
bearers take place every year and the main posts are filled from one region and
the assistants from another and the process is followed in rotation covering all
regions. The main aims and objectives of the council are:
- To promote togetherness and prosperity of the
Ramgarhia Community living in U.K. and to reform the social conduct.
- To find solutions for problems occurring due to relationship of Western
Culture & Sikh traditions.
- To expand communication and brotherhood affection
between other communities and organisations.
- All member organisations to implement decisions taken by U.K. Council.
- To set up a register of U.K. Ramgarhia Community.
- To search and publicise the Ramgarhia History.
- To make aware the whole Ramgarhia Community in the field of Culture,
Religion, Politics and Industry.
- To implement changing educational reforms.
- To inspire for equal opportunities in organisations.
In 1999 Ramgarhia Council UK as the national body set up individual regional
councils to look after the local issues but still responsible to them and work